We now have such high expectations of our kitchen appliances that they have become like mini space stations packed full of gadgetry and technological wizardry. One very advantageous innovation, though, is the convection oven whic is more than just a gimmick and has rapidly become a sought after feature of both regular full size ovens and toaster ovens.
In a convection toaster oven, the hot air is circulated evenly throughout the oven using fans which means that you can cook anywhere in the oven and the temperature will be the same and constant. There will be no hot spots or areas which do not receive consistent heat. Some convection ovens also circulate pre-heated air rather than air which has already been heated within the oven and these are even more efficient but can cost more than conventional models.
Below are listed 10 reasons to buy a convection toaster oven:
- Some traditional ovens can burn food underneath while the top doesn’t brown evenly or at all. Convection toaster ovens will brown meat all over without scorching the underside.
- A convection oven will maintain an even temperature throughout the appliance. This means that you can bake a cake on the bottom shelf without worrying about less heat and roast on the top shelf without worrying about burning.
- The circulated hot air will improve efficiency and can lead to reduced cooking times or temperatures.
- Modern convection toaster ovens often have advanced digital controls which not only perform better but also look better in a sleek modern kitchen.
- A convection toaster oven will use less electricity than your full main oven and will often prove to be more versatile and easy to use.
- Your toaster oven will heat up quicker to the required temperature than your main oven which means less waiting around before you can start cooking.
- Toaster ovens are much cheaper than a full size oven and not much more than a standard toaster but they can do so much more.
- Convection toaster ovens are great where space is tight and perhaps you can’t fit a full size conventional oven.
- Convection ovens are better at sealing the juices in meat and joints which results in more tender, moist cuts.
- Convection toaster ovens are capable of doing so much more than just toasting bread. They can accommodate pizzas, roast joints of meat, broil and bake and some even come with a rotisserie.
As you can see there is so much more to convection toaster ovens than meets the eye. They can be ideal for college students who are confined to one room but they can also prove invaluable to the busy housewife with a full equipped kitchen. Most convection toaster ovens will come with a crumb tray for easy cleaning, pizza pan and adjustable racks for different size pots or thickness of bread.
The only problem is that there are so many models to choose from it can be hard to decide. All the major manufacturers such as Black and Decker, Oster, Hamilton Beach, Cuisinart, Krups and DeLonghi have convection toaster oven models.
The best way to pick the best toaster oven for you is to make a list of the features in order of priority that you need. Most convection toaster ovens are countertop models but there are under the counter models also available. Always check customer feedback and toaster oven reviews and ratings. Consider whether the company has a good reputation for after sales customer service should anything go wrong and take note of any recommendations by experts.
Finally, visit a retailer and have a good look at the model you are interested in. There is no harm in choosing one simply because you like the way it looks. If your kitchen is all stainless steel and you want your toaster oven to blend in with that there are plenty of stainless steel models to choose from. However, if you are after a red toaster oven you may have a more restricted choice.