Toaster Oven Buying Guide: Everything you need to know
About Toaster Ovens
It is believed that these toaster ovens originated from the pop up toasters but that’s certainly not the case. These toaster ovens were invented nine years before the idea of pop up toasters came to the market. William Hadaway in 1910 created a hybrid, a combinational cooker cum toaster. Its orientation was somewhat similar to the modern day toasters. These form a more economical and convenient mode for cooking food, at least as far as today’s generation is concerned. They can perform a wide range of functions other than toasting. Some even come equipped with several other accessories and appliances. Though choosing a proper toaster oven is not that difficult a task, you can refer to a toaster oven buying guide before purchasing one.
The use of toaster ovens has diminished over the years, thanks to the emergence of micro wave ovens. Though these latest technological ovens are quite fast and costly, yet they are unable to produce the results that a toaster oven can. This is major reason as to why micro wave ovens haven’t been able to take over toaster ovens completely. The results produced by toaster ovens is somewhat similar to that of the conventional ovens. This however does have a limitation. Toaster ovens are not very efficient as far as packaged food is concerned. None the less, one ought to refer to a user manual before purchasing one.
Advantages of Toaster Ovens
- These are quite versatile. These are quite efficient in serving a variety of purposes such as roasting, warming, browning, baking, reheating, broiling and toasting. Though their size is a limitation, you can find toaster ovens large enough to fit 12 inch of frozen pizza.
- Their rate of power consumption is quite less as compared to the full sized ovens. They reach the cooking temperature quite quickly. This is due to the fact that they have a lot lesser area to heat. This not only saves time but also money. The power consumption of a toaster oven about two third or half of that of a conventional oven.
- Toaster ovens are very well capable of complimenting a full sized oven. Several chefs all round the world use these in conjunction with microwave ovens so as to crisp or brown food after it has almost been cooked. One can prepare everything in a timely fashion provided he or she uses these toaster ovens for preparing dinner rolls. However, this alone isn’t a good option in the event that an individual needs to cook several dishes at the same time.
- These ovens have much to offer. Most individuals have space for a conventional oven as well as one of these as the convenience it offers is incomparable. These are ideal for a wide range of individuals, individuals who are in no condition to afford a full sized oven, travelers in recreational vehicles, college students who live in hostels or as paying guest and campers who have access to a generator. Their size is very much convenient. They fit in easily and can be carried or stored easily.
- Another common advantage in most toaster oven is that they are a lot easier to clean as compared to the conventional ovens. You certainly don’t need to use any sort of odorous chemicals for cleaning. A dry piece of cloth ought to fit the cause on most occasions. Once you have unplugged the device, you can easily remove the trays and wash them in your sink. Cleaning can’t be easier now can it? Most toaster ovens come equipped with a tray for emptying remaining bits and crumbs. You must keep it away from abrasive materials as it may have a corrosive effect. If grease accumulation results on the glass doors, a sponge along with a cleaning agent should fit the cause. After you are done removing the grease, you can polish the glass doors with a solution of water and vinegar.
The essential component of a quality toaster oven
Well, irrespective of the emergence of microwave ovens, toaster ovens haven’t lost much of a popularity. They have undergone a series of changes over the years. While a few components have been removed for improvement, several have been added with the advancement in technology. Listed below are the components that are essential in a quality toaster.
- An essentially good number of presets: This option makes cooking in these a lot simpler than easy to understand controls. This option lets individuals cook items of similar types with just a single touch.
- Auto eject racks: This is a component that one won’t find in the earlier toaster oven. This is because this technology has only emerged in the last decade or so. This technology pops out the rack halfway on opening the doors. Thus, increasing the ease of handling food items.
- Audible alerts: This is perhaps the most useful of the lot as it tells the cook as to when the food is done. This beep should be audible yet shouldn’t be so loud that one confuses it with a smoke detector blowing off.
- Intuitive controls: Todays toaster ovens have a lot more options as far as the settings are concerned. This is an aspect that wasn’t present earlier. However, too many options can make matters extremely confusing.
- Non Stick interior: Most toaster ovens today come with nonstick interiors as it makes cleaning a lot easier.
- Automatic shutdown: This is a very useful feature that has emerged over the years. Most toaster ovens today go to standby mode in 30 to 60 minutes. Thus, reducing the risk of accidental fires and burned food.
- A removable crumb tray: This makes cleaning easier as one can remove the left overs quite easily.
Well, for further information on toaster ovens you can to find on our web site and read product features and description on this site.
Latest blog posts
September 17, 2017 / 0 Comments
Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Digital Toaster Oven – Awakes the Super-cook in You We live in an age where digitization is not merely restricted to the media, but it has touched our life in many ways. Yes digitalization has entered our kitchens too. With the launch of a wide range of digital toaster...Read More +
September 17, 2017 / 0 Comments
Cooking has never been so easy with the Oster TSSTTVSK01 Convection Oven The Oster TSSTTVSK01 Convection Oven provides its customers with a whole new level of freedom. Owners will enjoy the convenience of cooking with an oven on the countertop alongside a set of other new features as well. In...Read More +
September 16, 2017 / 0 Comments
Toast better with the Cuisinart TOB-100 Compact Digital Toaster Oven Broiler People who love starting their morning off with some toast and a nice warm cup of coffee can start licking their lips, with the release of the brand new toaster from Cuisinart. Presenting the Cuisinart TOB-100...Read More +